Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Today is Special


Steve and I met 19 years ago today. The memory is so fresh in my mind and heart it is like yesterday. I heard his voice first and thought is was wonderful....we were in a room together for 8 hours one Saturday afternoon. I had minimal make-up, recycled hair and blue paint on my face. I'd been out the evening before and was in no mood the next morning for glamorous looks. I was a victim in a paramedic practical and Steve was evaluating the Firefighters on their assessment skills. As it turns out we grew up in towns next to each other and attended rival high schools and graduated the same year! The morning we met Steve's Feisty Irish Grandmother had died...we believe that she was part of the arrangement. Thank You Grandma Ann!

2 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

Oh Amy! You two are such a cute couple - definitely made for one another!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We will be celebrating 19 years this July. Doesn't seem that long to me....You make a cute couple! :)