Monday, March 10, 2008

This time...my way


Remember the purple and brown skirt nightmare? I spent so much time on that little devil and the results were just "ok". I made this skirt for Lauren last Wednesday when she was home from school feeling run down. No pattern was used, I measured her hips and pleated the fabric. This fabric was a gorgeous sea foam green with silver glitter that was in my "too pretty to cut" fabric. (anyone have that fear of cutting a gorgeous fabric?) This was so darn easy!

Fabric: $ 9.00 velour? from Denver Fabrics
Notions: my stash
Seams Ripped: 1 tiny seam on the hem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have that angst about cutting into pretty fabric. It's way worse when I'm not working with a pattern just a crazy plain rattling around in my head. It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who gets a little nervous, you always make such nice things!