Friday, November 21, 2008

Finally!






This is my first lined coat. phew! The fabric is a gorgeous lavender/beige/white wool boucle that I purchased on clearance from Denver Fabrics for $20.00. Butterick 5145 view A is the pattern I chose. I'll post this on pattern review too.

I sewed the buttons on with my machine which was another first but I think I'd rather sew them next time by hand because they were not tight enough.

I used my new Baby Lock Embellisher with scraps of the wool to make my matching scarf.

Black is my favorite color to wear so it was fun making something other than black.

3 comments:

mimi jackson said...

Congrats! Looks fantastic!

Maryissewfast said...

Looks gorgeous Amy! I am just finishing up my coat made from the same pattern, so I really can appreciate all the work you did! Mary

Laura Pursell said...

What a gorgeous coat!! I am so impressed! And the scarf is beautiful...